Monday, November 7, 2011

Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins


I have been looking for good muffin recipes that have little or no sugar, and I came across this one and was so wonderfully surprised! I didn't include a picture because they aren't pretty and I felt bad showing you someone else's beautiful creation when mine was so ugly. Anyways, they are good, which is the whole point. So, try them.

Ingredients:
-2 cups rolled oats (I used the multi-grain oatmeal from Trader Joe's)
-2 cups juice (I used apple juice)
-1 cup of mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
-1-2 Tbsp of honey
-1/2 tsp of salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-2 tsp cinnamon
-2 cups flour
-2 cups raspberries (I used fresh raspberry/blueberry combo, but you could also use frozen)

Preheat oven to 400. Soak the oats in the juice for about 10-15 minutes, then stir in honey and mashed banana. Mix dry ingredients together and slowly add. Fold in raspberries and blueberries. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 to almost full and bake for 20 minutes.
Okay, here's the thing. I put muffin liners in, which was a VERY bad idea. Apparently that is a recipe for disaster. Next time, I"ll spray the tin and throw them in. So, please do this. =) Otherwise you end up with half of the muffin stuck to the liner and it's very sad. But, it's so good and so healthy, and I LOVED that Jeremiah ate 2 of them for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment