Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bow-tie Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Cream Sauce


So, the other thing I've been crazy about this pregnancy is pasta. Pasta for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And, in the beginning I had a hard time gaining weight, so this unhealthy habit was just fine. We'll see how it goes as I near my third trimester. =) Anyways, Pinterest is my most favorite hobby in the world right now, and because of this, I have SO many recipes to try. I find that most of them need a little tweaking, but for the most part....delish! Also, the thing about the Benson house, is that we keep certain ingredients on hand ALL the time. Costco is my best friend when it comes to artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. They are so much cheaper to buy in bulk and you can put them in anything! Enjoy...

8 oz Bow-tie pasta (really you can use any kind)
1 12oz can evaporated milk
2 cups or more shredded cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon of dried basil
handful of diced sun-dried tomatoes
handful of sliced marinated artichoke hearts

Cook pasta according to directions. Once you add the pasta in the pot, then start your sauce. Combine milk, cheese, pepper, garlic powder and basil in a saucepan over medium heat. I tasted at this point, felt like it needed more cheese so I added more. Same with the pepper. It helps to taste as you go, but this is definitely a good base. Once pasta is cooked al dente, drain and add melted cheese sauce to it. Add tomatoes and artichokes. Done and Done. So easy right??!!! It's so yummy, I had it for breakfast the next day. =)

2 comments:

  1. we love costco artichoke hearts too! i want to make this! p.s. lets see some preggo pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i'll try to get on it. haven't taken a single one yet!!!

    ReplyDelete