Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm Back, I Promise!!!

Right. So, I took a few months off I guess. Here's the thing. I didn't have internet in my house until just recently, so trekking down to coffee bean and tea leaf just didn't seem appealing JUST to blog something. But, now I am like every other normal person, and I DO have internet at home, so I can start sharing more regularly. My dear friend Jess said she doesn't even have me on her blog radar anymore, because I completely suck at updating. (Follow me again Jess, I'll do better I promise!!!) This next recipe is one that my mother in law told me about, so I tried it and well...we've had it about three times since. =) Mainly because it's SOOO good and SOOO easy. Please try it and love it as much as we do.

CHICKEN PEPPERONATA
-2 chicken breasts (pounded flat)
-panko bread crumbs
-buttermilk ranch dressing (I used the bottled, or you can make your own)
-whole milk mozzarella cheese
-pepperoni
-chicken broth
-white wine
-butter

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Dip chicken breasts in ranch dressing, then the panko crumbs. (I dip both sides, yes it's messy, but meh, totally worth it). In the middle put a good size slice of mozzarella and a few pepperonis. Fold chicken around these, and lay in baking dish. Top the chicken with a slice of butter. If you are only making this for two people, mix together maybe a 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of chicken broth and and 1/4 cup of white wine. (I think that's what I do?) Pour around chicken. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Mine usually comes out lightly browned on top. It's seriously so good, so tasty and pretty fancy looking. Anyone want to come over for dinner? I want to make this again soon!


1 comment:

  1. Looks delish! Glad your back and stay on track lady! Blogging is serious biz! Muah!

    ReplyDelete